Sunday, August 19, 2007
Saturday, August 04, 2007
- I loathe housework. Not just the usual "oh I don't like housework" kind of thing, but real deep down loathing. I really can't see the point of housework., except maybe for the fact I don't like living in a tip.
- I've just finished reading "WeneedtotalkaboutKevin" It was disturbing, confronting and quite, quite brilliant. I think it will be one of the "must read" books I reluctantly recommend for a long time to come - along with "Shadow of the Wind" and "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" and "Year of Wonders" and others.
- I'm about to start adult beginner ballet lessons. I've got the ballet slippers and I'm ready to go. I just need to get home from work at a decent hour on Friday evenings to be able to go. I'm excited.
- I got the job I applied for recently, which also happens to be the job I'm doing. Don't ask me to explain how that works. :) I'm relieved and excited. It's a good job - crazy busy and very challenging, just the kind of job I like.
- I always burn the bottom of cakes. My defence is the temperature gauge on the oven is odd - it's European and doesn't list temperatures, just numbers - makes no sense to me.
- I love Christmas. Love it. Love, love, love it. I get very very excited at Christmas time. I love all the traditions. I love our Christmas tree. I love Christmas decorations. I love Santa. I love Christmas carols. I love making Christmas cards. I love preparing Christmas lunch. Christmas is special.
- My favourite animals are platypus' and bilbies. Such gorgeous creatures. Ruby has taught me the importance of identifying my favourite animals but she's disappointed I don't have a favourite jungle animal. Although I do like King Julian on Madagascar-The Movie. ;)
- If I didn't dye my hair, I reckon I'd be completely grey within 6 months. Terrifying but true. I sometimes wonder if I should just colour my hair grey and be done with all the regrowth drama. Maybe in 10 years time.
Actually you know, that was surprisingly easy. The rule of the tag thing is that I should in turn tag another 8 people, but I've never really liked chain letters, so I'll just say - if you would like to share 8 random things about yourself with the blogiverse, do it. I'd love to read them.
peace and love to you on this sunny Saturday afternoon.