On Saturday 29 March 1997, this was happening:
and just look at us now. 10 years on, and 10 kilos heavier (yikes)....but still very very happy. Note to self: start diet SOON.
We're not sure yet what we'll be doing on Thursday. We had some plans, but they've collapsed. I'm sure we'll find something celebratory and fabulous to do. Maybe we could have dinner in the dodgy Mexican restaurant I proposed in - but I hope not. Or maybe we could have dinner at a restaurant at the Stamford Plaza where we stayed on our wedding night. That would be great.
Other random things about our lives this week:
- Maxie did 2 wees in the toilet at kindy - BIG news.
- We've only got 600kms to go to make the 25000kms for the car lease. Not too bad except for the fact we've only get 6 days left to do it. We can.
- Lily is becoming a house cat again. She's decided she likes to sleep with Ruby. Ruby is very pleased about the new arrangements.
- We're inheriting 2 chickens from our neighbours this week. The big introductions will happen one night soon. We're hoping our chickens don't attack them - crazy manic beasts they are.
- Ruby's language is becoming a lot more sophisticated. Today she described eating a Kinder Surprise as "a magical experience". Methinks she's been watching too many Barbie ballet DVDs.
- We found the long lost "Big Red Car" DVD. Max cried great gulping tears of joy and then watched it back to back 3 times.
- Ruby beat in to Max because he couldn't count to 20 properly. Good grief, he's only 2. It's a bit scary they were counting her ponies and they reached 20!
- Kath withdrew from her study for this semester. Life has been too frantic. We're all looking forward to some calm and relaxed weekends for a few months now.
Wishing you a happy week.
peace and love