Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fairy fever AND a new bed

Birthday party fever has hit our house. It's only 6 short weeks until Ruby's birthday, so she's in full party planning mode. *sigh* Every night we look at the AWW Birthday Cake Book - just to absolutely confirm we'll be making the Barbie doll cake.

Anyway, today Ruby and I went to another 4 year old neighbour's birthday party. This time for our friend Helena. Helena had a "girls only" fairy party and it was divine. Helena's mum (Debbie) really knocked herself out with all the decorations and games and party gifts. I cannot believe how generous Debbie was with party gifts. Every little girl got a lunchbox filled with goodies AND a fairy balloon AND a party bag AND a gift (Ruby got a skipping rope) AND a fairy doll. It's going to be hard to beat. Which of course Ruby expects me to do because her birthday is next.


I can't do it.

Firstly, we can't have girls only. Max would be heartbroken.
Secondly, I'm not sure that I want to get into the "my party is bigger, better, faster and more fabulous than yours" thing. Actually, I'm certain I don't want to . So we're not going to.

BUT we did have a great time at Helena's party today. It was so calm and sophisticated and delicate and just lovely with a small group of 4 year old girls. Until the pinata came out anyway. Some of the girls (including Ruby) went crazy bashing into the beautiful fairy pinata with a big stick. Scary stuff.

Max and daddy went off this morning to pick up Maxie's new mattress for his big boy bed. Of course, he's been sleeping in Ruby's bed for about 8 months now, while Ruby's been sent back to the cot. But today he got his own bed, his own mattress and his own new bed sheets. Happy days for a small and independent little boy.


peace and love

xxxx

1 comment:

Aaron, Sam, Cameron and Luke said...

OMG there's a whole girl universe out there I know nothing about. This party sounds OVER the TOP - you sure this isn't Britney Spears hiding out in our lucky country? I hope your party plans with Ruby go well - take care K take care!!