It's been an ordinary kind of week, one of those bits and pieces kind of weeks, where nothing remarkable happens but it seems crazy just the same - you know what I mean? Anyway, some things from our week.
- Ruby thinks heaven is a holiday destination. *sigh* She took some Little People on a bus trip there this week.
- Kath's been in Canberra and Melbourne. Canberra again this week and the week after and the week after and the week after and....... :(
- Max has 'discovered' Wiggles band aids. They're our new reward. Better than fruit icy pole bribes.
- We had a water tank installed. Of course it hasn't rained enough since Tuesday to put any water in the tank. But it will. We have great hopes for a green garden now.
- Ruby has chosen to have a My Little Pony party instead of a Barbie party. While we're glad we're not doing the Barbie thing, we're beginning to realise My Little Pony might be a bit trickier, especially as Ruby is insisting she needs to dress as a pink horse. Maybe, m-a-y-b-e, we'll hire a pony for the party. Depends on $$.
- Right now: this is the cake Ruby likes best. I've got a few weeks to convince her that a simple number '4' with a few ponies stuck on top is a better option. Do you think I can do it?
- It was our godson's birthday yesterday. Dominic turned 7. There was lots of swimming, lots of cricket, lots of shouting and lots of cake. Perfect.
- We're overwhelmed by the number of people we know right now who have cancer. Dominic's dad has cancer. He's doing OK, but it's very sad.
- A lovely friend had a baby girl (Elizabeth Katherine) yesterday afternoon. I wish I could see them - but they live in Sydney, so Elizabeth (Lizzie? Libby? Lillibet?), will be a few months old before I meet her I guess. I love how I don't feel clucky anymore when people I know have a new baby. Phew.
- I've been doing a little bit of scrapbooking lately. Not much, but enough to get me excited about it again. I'm amazed by the work Briohny is doing lately. Good job B. These layouts are amazing.
- We're on a car lease thing through work which means we must do 25,000 kms per year (or it will cost us a bomb). The FBT year ends on 31 March and we've still got 5,000kms to do. Holey moley. So we'll do another trip to Mum's - that's 1,000 kms. And then? We haven't really got a plan yet. But we've got to do it. Maybe a trip to Sydney, via Melbourne, for our 10th wedding anniversary in March.
This is a pic of some nanna and poppy lovin' from when we were at mum's a couple of weeks ago. If I was clever, I'd have it all photoshopped and shiny and colourful - oh well.
peace and love