Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The answer to the big question

....did you watch Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy? If you did, you'll know that the answer is 42. But maybe you don't know the question. I don't think Arthur ever found it.

Anyway, it was my birthday yesterday. And this year, as I'm now 42 (sob), I'm expecting some great revelations about the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I didn't find it today, but I know I have another 365 days (cause it's a leap year) to discover it. If you find the meaning of life, I'd be happy for you to tell me so I don't have to keep looking. ;)

I had a good birthday for a work day. We went out for dinner on Sunday night - to Mt Cootha. Lovely. And dear Jan made a cake for me that we had at the park Sunday lunchtime. Thanks Jan. And happy birthday to Ruth who has also just had a birthday. x Mark finally put my treadmill together and I used it last night for the first time - hooray for me. Feeling all fit and self righteous now even though I know I'm still porky.
R+M were very excited about my birthday and told me constantly that "it's very special" and "you're very special mama". Loved that. Max was calling me "big birthday girl" - loved that too. :)

Anyway, here's some pics from yesterday:

looking a bit shabby here, but it's the end of the day and I'm allowed to look shabby, cause I'm 42!

me with my cake-lovin' mates.

I got some great pressies this year - the treadmill :O; a pedometer, some gorgeous stuff from Perfect Potion, jarmies, a new teacup, books.......and.....a pair of thongs. A work mate couldn't believe I didn't have thongs, so he bought me a pair - just gorgeous. Or maybe not. Perhaps I don't wear thongs because I have *ugly* feet! You know, they're actually pretty comfy to wear. Don't tell.

these 2 are up for a party any time of day or night.


see - ugly ugly toes. Blergh.
Every year, I buy the Courier Mail on my birthday so I can get the special birthday report for the year ahead. This year, it says: "Because the new moon falls today, this will be a year of firsts. You will make discoveries about yourself and about life. A year when you dare to be different and accept any challenge you meet. Life will change." Oh dear, that sounds big.
Here's to the year ahead and new beginnings.
peace and love to you
xxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dearest Kath!
You look as gorgeous as ever..and your two little helpers are pretty cute too : )
Much love, and Merry Xmas to you all, Rach xxx

Em said...

Happy happy 42nd birthday dear Kath!!! Must Ring You xxx

Go the thongs - I'm starting to really enjoy dagging in mine, just feels like summer :)

Lovely pics, you're always beautiful xxx

Dustyjo said...

Glad you had a special day Kath, because you sure are a special woman.
Much love, Jo