Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas in the city

We made our annual Christmas pilgrimage to the city yesterday to look at the big tree, the beautiful lights, the Myer Christmas windows and to ride the Santa Express. It's a good tradition that Mark and I started the year of Ruby's first Christmas. The kids love it. I love it too. We went with our good friends Jan, Col, Ella and Huddy and another dear little boy called Nathan. It was nice to have dinner together in the Queen St Mall as all the lights were coming on around us. The kids had a great time running around, going a wee bit mad and crashing into people who were walking through the Mall.









I think the green heart is a new addition to the tree. I love it. I wonder who thought to add it. It's a lovely touch.

My fave decorations are the reindeer. They look best at night time when they are all lit up and glowing. Beautiful.

Christmas seems more frantic than ever this year. Sadly. I'd love some moments of quiet through the madness but I can't see it coming for a while yet.
We're off to the shops this morning to buy a few more gifts and then this afternoon, we're all excited about going to see The Wiggles.

peace and love to you
xxxx

No comments: