Snapshot update from us:
- Max started ballet 3 weeks ago. He did 2 lessons with Miss Trudy - who is absolutely delightful, very ballerina'ish and very kind to little boys who don't fully engage in the whole ballet experience. Yesterday morning as we were rushing around to get out the door to the 9.15 am Saturday ballet class, Max announced that he had finished ballet and he wasn't going again. This was 6 short days after we'd bought the ballet slippers. *sigh*
- I started ballet too. It is *exhausting*. So physical. And I've stretched more muscles than I thought I had. The sad news is that I was the tubbiest ballerina in the class.
- Mark is busy at work with end of financial year stuff. And he's doing the odd massage through the week and on weekends.
- Ruby's been invited to "many" birthday parties for kids from school lately. Last weekend we experienced our first "birthday disco" - it was scary and overwhelming. For me anyway. It was a combined birthday for a 5 yo boy and his 8 yo sister. Every kid from both their classes was invited. So there was about 50 odd kids at the disco. It was insane with lots of big boys and girls running around screaming and squealing, dressed like mini adults. Ruby was a bit daunted but threw herself into the madness after a short time clinging to me.
- Max is his usual intense, clingy, neurotic little self. He was very happy to host a little birthday party last weekend for his dear friend McKinley who turned 3.
- Ruby's reading and writing is booming. Mrs McConnon (princessy and smart teacher) was very surprised when she realised Ruby is a good little reader. So R is now doing a "sight words" program and is loving the challenge.
- We enjoyed the company of "Alf" (do you remember Alf?) a couple of weeks ago. He is the class 'pet' and he is fortunate to stay with a different family every weekend for love and care. Alf was Ruby's constant companion for the weekend.
- I've not travelled very much for work lately (which has been a blessing), but am off to Melbourne this week for a couple of days. Ho hum.
- We've all been sick with colds, ear infections, sinus infections and the like. 2/4 of us have been on antibiotics. All a bit blergh these last couple of weeks.
- Mother's Day was a deliciously quiet day at home. Mark rushed out and bought croissants and latte and we enjoyed breakfast on the front verandah with the Sunday papers. I got some fabulous handmade treasures and some snuggly warm pj's and slippers from my darlings. A perfect day. However, the Mother's Day celebration at school was probably a highlight for me - don't tell Max. All the class mums were invited in for a special celebration on Thursday before MD. There were gifts, performances, massages, kisses, cake and cups of tea. It was a very precious occasion - Ruby is such a beautiful, kind and loving little person. She went OTT this MD to make me feel special. And I did. :)
My camera is still broken. :( With the fright of ever increasing interest rates, I haven't been in to spend the $$ needed to get it sorted out. I expect I'll just have to buy a new lens. I haven't taken any pics for a long while now. I apologise if you've seen these ones before.....
peace and love